USE A GREAT PHOTO
- Take an excellent color photo of your pet
- Make sure it is clear and in focus
- Your pet should be looking into the camera
- Showcase your pet’s most adorable personality, looks, size, and temperament
- Show your pet enjoying your home
PREPARE YOUR PET
- Make sure your pet is well groomed
- Make sure your pet is up-to-date on vaccinations
- Make sure they are free of fleas/ticks
- And if not spayed/neutered, now’s the time to do so
CREATE A PET BIOGRAPHY
- Highlight the positives first
- Describe their personality and best features
- Include any training your pet may have had
- Be honest and fully disclose any issues with your pet, like needs more training or has medical/behavioural issues.
- Also include:
- their favorite and least favorite foods, traits, and activities
- how they get along with other animals/children/strangers
- your pet’s medical history
- how much exercise and outside time they need daily
ONCE A POTENTIAL ADOPTER IS FOUND
- Consider interviewing them. Do they have:
- experience caring for pets?
- a home/yard big enough for your pet?
- the financial means to care for your pet?
- realistic expectations about living with your pet?
- Consider conducting a home visit