In case you’re wondering if you should get your pet fixed or perhaps persuade the neighbor next door whose pet keeps having litter after litter, here are a few good reasons to spay and neuter
IMPORTANT NOTE: The following program (Snip N Chip) has been temporarily suspended. If you need to have your pet spayed or neutered, please contact us for possible alternatives at (559) 233-7722 ext 116 or 125.
Snip N Chip – Low Cost Spays and Neuters
At the CCSPCA, we understand that people realize the importance of altering their animals. We also understand that many cannot afford the fees. Snip N Chip is a low-cost spay and neuter program is for those people who want to prevent the cycle of unwanted animals, yet simply don’t have the means.
According to the Humane Society of the United States, there are between six and eight million cats and dogs entering American shelters every year. Three to four million of these animals are euthanized. This crisis is a direct result of animals left unaltered in our communities.
Our Snip N Chip program is for low-income pet owners and offers low cost spay/neuter services. If you qualify, the cost for these services is only $35 per pet (4 pets total per person) and includes a free microchip.
Must present a check stub, award letter, or other form of income statement proving total monthly income for the entire household.
Numbers of persons / Total income
- 1. $1300
- 2. $1600
- 3. $1900
- 4. $2200
- 5. $2500
* Add $300 for each extra person
The pet must be a minimum of 4 months and current on vaccines or 6 months of age or older with no up-to-date vaccines (vaccines will be provided the day of surgery- DHPP and Rabies for dogs and FVRCP for cats if needed, for an additional cost). Surgery will not be performed on pets 6 years of age or older.
- Provide an income statement, pet vaccine records (if any), and your ID to the CCSPCA Adoption Center Front Desk staff to be processed for the low-cost program.
- Copies of the above items MUST be submitted in person as you’ll pay for the surgery at that time via cash or card.
- You’ll receive a call back about scheduling your appointment from our surgery team once they obtain a copy of your payment receipt.
- Surgeries are booked for Thursdays, where drop off is between 7:30 am – 8:00 a.m. Pet pick-up is same day after surgery. You will receive a call about the status of surgery and the time for pick up.
If you are interested in qualifying for the Snip N Chip program, call (559) 233-7722 ext 116 or 125.
Through our Snip N Chip low cost spay and neuter program, we are giving back to both people and animals in our community.
Here are some things that you can do to help!
- Donate to the Snip N Chip program.
- Use your voice to support government support of spay/neuter funding.
- Sponsor a spay/neuter for an animal looking for a home. This is a general fund that can help an animal in need by reducing adoption fees (individual animals cannot be selected).
- Learn the true benefits of spay/neuter for animals and the community.
- Only bring an animal into your life/home if they come from a shelter/rescue because they spay/neuter first.
- Learn more about the true situations for animals in your community including the real solutions.
- Volunteer at our animal center.