Here’s What You Need to Know About
AND YOUR PETS
As with any other time, during these trying and unprecedented times CCSPCA is committed to keeping our readers and community informed. The novel coronavirus has been changing things around the globe and we want you to know what that means not only for you but for your pets, too.
We understand that animals are just as much a part of the family as their human counterparts. That’s why we felt it important to include some handy resources you can use to keep abreast on the situation—and keep both you and your furry, feathery, or scaley best friend safe, no matter what is going on in the world. We will resume all normal in-person operations when this novel coronavirus is defeated once and for all. Remember: together, we can get through anything.
CCSPCA Covid-19 & Pets Infographic, April 7, 2020
CCSPCA E-Message, March 31, 2020
Pets & Covid-19:
As the City of Fresno’s Animal Control Service provider and an essential city service, the following CCSPCA operations will not stop:
- Pick-up of stray dogs (loose or confined), deceased animals, sick/injured cats
- Pick-up of owner deceased animals only if owner does not have transportation
- Emergency calls for all animals – wildlife or domestic
- Pick-up of owner requested euthanasia only if animal is sick, injured, and owner does not have transportation
- Bite quarantines
- Humane investigations
The following shelter services will continue by appointment only until further notice:
- Stray animal drop-off and reclaims. Call 559-233-7722 x111 for assistance.
- Owner surrenders and cremations. Call 559-233-7722 x116 for assistance.
- Adoptions. Call 559-233-7722 x119 for assistance.
- Fosters. Call 559-233-7722 x118 for assistance.
- Rescues. Call 559-233-7722 x223 for assistance.
- Vaccination Clinics. Call 559-237-1150 for assistance.
- **Note: Appointments are not needed for any sick or injured animal drop-offs.
The following services will be suspended until further notice:
- Spay/neuter surgeries for the public
- Enforcement of the following:
- Complaints of excess animals
- All education activity
- All volunteer activity
- All events
- Off-site adoptions
- Non-emergency stray cat pick-up
- Non-emergency owner surrender pick-up
- Gift/Pet Supply store
- Public use of training yard
- Intake of healthy wildlife