Effective March 21, 2020, CCSPCA is limiting many of its services in compliance with California’s COVID-19 “shelter in place” order. All adoptions will continue by appointment only until further notice. Please call 559-233-7722 ext 119 for assistance.
Whoever said “good friends are hard to come by” didn’t come looking for one at the CCSPCA!
Our adoption center has a large selection of puppies and dogs ranging in ages to choose from – many of them pure breeds. Let us assist you in finding your new best friend!
Please visit the CCSPCA Adoption Center at:
103 S. Hughes Ave.
Fresno, CA 93706
We are open 7 days a week, from 10am – 5pm and until 6pm on Wednesdays. For more information, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 559-233-7722 ext 116.
You can also find our mobile adoption unit around Fresno. Visit our mobile unit adoption page to find out where we will be this month! (NOTE: THIS ACTIVITY HAS BEEN SUSPENDED UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE)
All dog adoptions include:
- Adoption fee
- Spay or neuter*
- DHPP vaccination
- Bordetella vaccination
- Rabies vaccination (or a voucher if under 4 months of age)
- City dog license (Fresno City residents only)
- One routine deworming
- Microchip (free registration with email address)
- One complimentary application of a flea/tick control
- A complimentary exam at one of our participating veterinary clinics
We also offer additional pre-adoption services for an additional charge:
- Additional DHPP vaccination (when applicable)
- Heartworm testing
- Capstar (kills fleas within 60 minutes so you don’t take them home)
- Dental care (when applicable)
- Additional applications of a flea/tick control
- Additional dose of a broad spectrum dewormer
- Additional doses of heartworm preventative (available only if a heartworm test is purchased at the time of adoption)
*California Food and Agricultural Code 30503. (a) (1) Except as otherwise provided in subdivision (b), no public animal control agency or shelter, society for the prevention of cruelty to animals shelter, humane society shelter, or rescue group shall sell or give away to a new owner any dog that has not been spayed or neutered.
Click here for Adoption Rates
PLEASE BE ADVISED
- Total adoption costs may vary based on adoption specials, subsidies, breed appearance, length of stay, and other factors.*
- Adoptions are done on a “first-come, first-serve” basis. If several parties are interested in the same animal, CCSPCA will enter them into a ‘lottery’ and begin the adoption process with the first name drawn. Please note: we are unable to verify arrival time prior to our opening. As such, if multiple groups arrive for the same animal prior to opening time, CCSPCA will use the lottery system regardless of place in line.
- If an animal has NOT been spayed or neutered, he/she will not be released until after the surgery has been performed.
- The adoption process can take 30 minutes to 1 hour to complete an application.
- CCSPCA reserves the right to refuse service to anyone and may deny adoptions at their discretion.
- Additional fees may apply for extra procedures, medication, and e-collars.